Declaration & Indemnity
I, HEREBY DECLARE as follows:-
1. The vehicle which I have registered for Cannonball Road Trips Ltd (“Cannonball”) is validly insured covering myself and any and all passengers in the said vehicle in respect of Road Traffic Accidents.
2. I hold a valid driving license for driving in Ireland.
3. I am fully authorized to drive the vehicle which I have registered for Cannonball Road Trips.
4. I acknowledge and realize that participation in an event such as Cannonball is potentially dangerous and that there are numerous risks associated with my participation. Such risks and dangers include, but are not limited to, traffic accidents, collisions with pedestrians, vehicles, other drivers, and/or fixed or moving objects, and the negligence of other drivers. Further, I fully understand and realize that my participation in Cannonball may result in serious bodily injury and/or death to myself, or others. I further realise and understand that the route of Cannonball will require driving on public roadways upon which the hazards of traveling are to be expected. Further, I realize that participation in Cannonball will require strenuous physical exertion as participants will be required to drive for long periods of time over several days, including the risk of driving through inclement weather.
5. With full knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with my participation in Cannonball, I enter Cannonball voluntarily and fully accept and assume every such risk for loss, damage, or injury (including death).
6. I have read and understood and agree to comply with all Cannonball Terms and Conditions of entry which are enclosed below, and also any such other rules as may be communicated by the Organisers either before or during Cannonball. I acknowledge and understand that the Organiser of Cannonball will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all other participants abide by the Terms and Conditions of entry, but cannot guarantee that the participants will abide by the Terms and Conditions.
7. In consideration for being permitted to participate in Cannonball, I hereby waive, release, and forever discharge, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, and legal representatives, any and all rights and/or claims which I have, may have, or may hereafter accrue to me against the Organiser, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and event sponsors for any and all damages, injuries (including death), and/or claims which may be sustained by me or my vehicle directly or indirectly arising out of my participation in Cannonball (including the application of emergency or medical services at Cannonball) even if the damages, injuries (including death), and/or claims are caused by the negligence of those persons listed above or otherwise save that nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as excluding or limiting the Organiser’s liability for personal injury or death arising from its negligence or the negligence of persons under its control. Further, I covenant not to take any legal action against the Organiser, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and Cannonball sponsors for any and all damages, injuries (including death), and/or claims which may be sustained by me directly or indirectly arising out of my participation in Cannonball. This release and discharge includes, but is not limited to, claims for personal injury, death, property damage, economic loss, breach of contract, lost wages, contribution indemnity, indemnity, punitive damages, negligence, or any other legally recognisably claim arising out of my participation in Cannonball (including all legal costs associated with such claims).
8. I hereby agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Organizer, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, Cannonball sponsors and licensees and assigns from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, suits, liabilities or actions arising directly or indirectly out of my actions or otherwise from my participation in Cannonball whether made or claimed during or after Cannonball, including all associated costs and expenses and any amounts which the Organiser may pay as a settlement or compromise of any such claims or liabilities.
9. I consent to my personal details being passed on to other third parties that the Organiser thinks appropriate. I understand that while the Organiser will endeavour to keep personal information secure, it does not accept any responsibility should loss or theft of this information occur.
10. I have read this declaration and indemnity, fully understand its terms, and understand that I have given up substantial rights by ticking the box of the registration form. I have done so freely and without inducement, coercion, or duress. I intend this waiver to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. I agree that, if any portion of this waiver is held to be invalid, the balance of the waiver hall continue in full force and effect.