Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions.
By continuing to access the Cannonball Ireland (www.Cannonball.ie) website service from this page, you (the "user") will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
1. Please read the Terms & Conditions below, and then complete the Cannonball Ireland application form.
2. It is at our discretion who is chosen to enter and we are not obliged to accept your application.
1. The Cannonball Ireland Road Trip is expected to take place between the 11th - 13th September 2015.
2. The Road Trip follows a 1,000 kilometre approx. driving route around Ireland.
3. Vehicles have to be approved by Cannonball Ireland Limited. The greener your car the better. If your vehicle doesn’t comply with this you will have to offset your carbon emissions with the appropriate authorities and provide us with evidence.
4. The entry fee per vehicle with two (2) persons in the vehicle is €2,100, which is €400 for the vehicle and €900 per person sharing for the accommodation. Additional team mates pay a standard fee of €900 per person. The entry fee for your vehicle and any additional fees for additional team mates are due and payable 21 days from acceptance to Cannonball Event.
5. The entry fee includes accommodation and food for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A single supplement is payable if single occupancy is required.
6. Method of payment is by cheque or Credit Card.
Term and Conditions of Entry
1. The Cannonball Ireland Road Trip is NOT a race or a competition. You must NOT compete in any manner with other participants. You must NOT place any bets of any kind in relation to the road trip. You must drive safely and with proper courtesy to all other participants and members of the public. In particular you must not drive recklessly. If you are seen driving recklessly or otherwise not in compliance with the law by the Organizer, its employees or nominees you will be prohibited from taking any further part in the Cannonball Road Trip.
2. The entry fee per vehicle with two (2) persons in the vehicle is €1,800, which is €400 for the vehicle and €700 per person sharing for the accommodation. Additional team mates pay a standard fee of €700 per person. You are responsible for paying the entrance fee for your vehicle, plus any additional fees or fines which may arise and the fees for any additional team mates in your vehicle.
3. The entry fee for your vehicle and any additional fees for additional team mates are due and payable within dates specified by Cannonball Ireland Limited. Failure to pay the full entry fee by the specified date will lead to either (at the Organizer’s sole discretion) you being refused access to and participation in the Cannonball Road Trip, or you being liable to a late payment fee of €150 in addition to the entry fee.
4. You must be over 18 years of age on the 21st August 2015 in order to participate in the Cannonball Road Trip.
5. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including all speed regulations, laws of the road, laws relating to the safety of your vehicle and laws relating to the possession or use of alcohol, drugs or other prohibited substances. If you breach any applicable laws, the Organizer reserves the right to prohibit you from participating further in the Cannonball Road Trip. You must participate in the Cannonball Road Trip in the vehicle you stated you would when completing the entry form. You will only be able to participate in another vehicle subject to the Organizer’s consent (which it is entitled to withhold in its absolute discretion) and subject to the payment of an administrative charge of €150. If the Organizer does not consent to you participating in a vehicle other than the one stated in the entry form, you shall be refused access to further participating in the Cannonball Road Trip.(and you shall not be entitled to a refund of your entry fee). The person(s) entering the Cannonball Road Trip must participate in the Cannonball Road Trip. If for whatever reason you are unable to participate, your entry place is not transferable in any circumstances whatsoever.
6. You will need to have valid and proper insurance for your vehicle. All drivers must carry their full driving licence and proof of vehicle tax and insurance. You will be required to produce a copy of valid insurance and driving licence when applying to enter the Cannonball event.
7. You must conduct yourself appropriately at all times and abide by all the rules of the hotels and other venues used during the Cannonball Road Trip.
8. The entry fee does NOT include personal acquisitions, petrol (gas), telephone bills or other expenses and disbursements incurred while staying in any of the hotels, fines of any sort, or damage caused at any venue visited, which you will be responsible for paying to the Organizer in addition to the entry fee within thirty (30) days of receipt of an invoice from the Organizer.
9. You must NOT consume alcohol while driving. You must NOT drive under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance at any time. You must NOT consume any illegal or intoxicating substances at any time during the Cannonball Road Trip. If the Organizer finds you under the Influence of alcohol while driving or attempting to drive while under the influence of any illegal or intoxicating substances the Organizer reserves the right to prohibit you from participating further in the Cannonball Road Trip.
10. You must NOT drive if your ability to do so safely and properly is in any way compromised by illness, lack of adequate rest, or any other condition.
11. You agree to indemnify the Organizer, its directors, officers, employees and consultants against any and all claims, proceedings and causes of action whatsoever or howsoever arising and brought against them by any third party as a result of your action or participation in the Cannonball Road Trip, including without limitation, your violation of any laws or regulations or your breach of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
12. You must hold a current, valid and unrestricted driver’s licence.
13. You must obtain and maintain appropriate insurance to cover your participation in the Cannonball Road Trip, and shall provide proof of such insurance in a form satisfactory to the Organizer. Appropriate insurance includes, without limitation, third party motor liability insurance, medical insurance and personal liability insurance, in all cases disclosing to the insurers that you are participating in the Cannonball Road Trip.
14. The Organizer, its directors, employees, sponsors, advisors and consultants are not responsible if they cannot fulfill their obligations resulting from this contract (including without limit the holding of the Cannonball Road Trip or any part of it) in cases of fire, earthquake, and epidemic diseases announced by WHO, cyclone, flood, aridity, strike, lightning, war in the country, revolution, civil war, terrorist activities and similar troubles, blockade, embargo, confiscation and expropriation, and in other cases defined as Force Majeure by any applicable laws and regulations. The Organizer cannot be held responsible if it is not possible for it to fulfill any one of its obligations or if a delay occurs in fulfilling its obligations due to any reason or situation beyond its will power and control, including but not limited to incidents arising from the operations of law enforcement, the general instructions of any relevant official institution, provisions of law, Regulation and statute, instructions given by authorized officials, extraordinary situations, and other force majeure events. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Organizer acting reasonably decides to call Off the Cannonball Road Trip either before the Trip or during the Trip due to an incident (such as for example, a death or serious injury in connection with the Cannonball Road Trip, or an event that otherwise naturally detracts from the Cannonball Road Trip), such event will be considered to be a force majeure event in accordance with this Clause and the Organizer will have no liability, in particular and without Limitation, to refund the entry fee or any part of it to any participant.
15. If you are unable to participate in the Cannonball Road Trip due to a bona fide medical reason, and you provide the Organizer a medical report to that effect before the 21st August 2015, you will receive a refund of any monies paid towards your entry fee minus a €150 administration charge.
No refunds will be considered after this date. There will be NO refund of any monies paid towards your entry fee for any other reason prior to or after commencement of the Cannonball Road Trip. After the commencement of the Cannonball Road Trip, the Organizer will NOT make any refund of the entry fee or pay compensation to you if you are unable to continue in the Cannonball for any reason whatsoever. Although all vehicles have sufficient time to arrive at each destination, the route of the Cannonball Road Trip is Demanding. If you do not manage to complete any part of the route and are unable to stay at the provided venues you will NOT be entitled to any refund of the entry fee whatsoever. The venues and hotels are paid for in advance and failing to make use of them does not entitle you to any compensation or refund of your entry fee.
16. By signing below you are agreeing that you will not organize, invest in or fund a Cannonball Road Trip or similar event which attempts to replicate this Cannonball Road Trip or any of its unique features, activities and components or which seeks to benefit in any way from the Organizer’s branding or goodwill. Doing so will result in legal action by the Organizer.
17. If you violate any of the above terms and conditions or refuse to follow the instructions given to you during the Cannonball Road trip by the Organizer or any of its employees or nominees, you may be prohibited from further participation in the Cannonball Road Trip.
18. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse your entry or participation prior to and during the Cannonball Road Trip at any time and for any reason whatsoever (without being obliged to disclose the reason). In case of the cancellation of the Cannonball Road Trip or the refusal to allow you to participate further, no refund of the entry fee will be made.
19. You shall not be entitled to use the Cannonball Ireland Limited logo for any purpose whatsoever (other than placing the sticker of it on your vehicle) without obtaining the prior written consent of the Organizer. In particular, you shall not be entitled to use the Cannonball Ireland Limited logo on any website or in printed materials without obtaining the Organizer’s prior written consent.
20. The Organizer reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time subject to notifying you of the changes. You shall be deemed to have accepted the amended terms and conditions by participating in the Cannonball Road Trip.
21. These Terms and Conditions of Entry, the Waiver and the Application Form constitute the whole agreement between the parties and supersede any previous arrangement, understanding or agreement reached between the parties whether in oral or written form.
22. You will be required to display all vehicle graphics provided on your car when commencing the event. Should any person turn up to the start line without Graphics, they will not be permitted to participate in the event.
Waiver – Release and Waiver of Liability
1. I acknowledge and realize that participation in an event such as the Cannonball Ireland Road Trip is potentially dangerous and that there are numerous risks associated with my participation. Such risks and dangers include, but are not limited to, traffic accidents, collisions with pedestrians, vehicles, other drivers, and/or fixed or moving objects, and the negligence of other drivers. Further, I fully understand and realize that my participation in the Cannonball Road Trip may result in serious bodily injury and/or death to myself, or others. I further realize and understand that the route of the Cannonball Road Trip will require driving on public roadways upon which the hazards of travelling are to be expected. Further, I realize that participation in the Cannonball Road Trip will require strenuous physical exertion as participants will be required to drive for long periods of time over several days, including the risk of driving through inclement weather.
2. With full knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with my participation in the Cannonball Road Trip, I enter the Cannonball voluntarily and fully accept and assume every such risk for loss, damage, or injury (including death).
3. I agree to comply with all the Cannonball Road Trip’s terms and conditions of entry. I acknowledge and understand that the Organizer of the Cannonball Road Trip will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all other participants abide by the terms and conditions of entry, but cannot guarantee that the participants will abide by these terms and conditions.
4. In consideration for being permitted to participate in the Cannonball Road Trip, I hereby waive, release, and forever discharge, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, and legal representatives, any and all rights and/or claims which I have, may have, or may hereafter accrue to me against the Organizer, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and event sponsors for any and all damages, injuries (including death), and/or claims which may be sustained by me or my vehicle directly or indirectly arising out of my participation in the Cannonball Road Trip (including the application of emergency or medical services at the Cannonball Road Trip) even if the damages, injuries (including death), and/or claims are caused by the negligence of those persons listed above or otherwise save that nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as excluding or limiting the Organizer’s liability for personal injury or death arising from its negligence or the negligence of persons under its control. Further, I covenant not to sue the Organizer, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and Cannonball sponsors for any and all damages, injuries (including death), and/or claims which may be sustained by me directly or indirectly arising out of my participation in the Cannonball Road Trip. This release and discharge includes, but is not limited to, claims for personal injury, death, property damage, economic loss, breach of contract, lost wages, contribution indemnity, indemnity, punitive damages, negligence, or any other legally recognizably claim arising out of my participation in the Cannonball Road Trip (including all legal costs associated with such claims).
5. I hereby agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Organizer, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, Cannonball sponsors and licensees and assigns from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, suits, liabilities or actions arising directly or indirectly out of my actions or otherwise from my participation in the Cannonball Road Trip whether made or claimed during or after the Cannonball Road trip, including all associated costs and expenses and any amounts which the Organizer may pay as a settlement or compromise of any such claims or liabilities. I have read this waiver, fully understand its terms, and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it. I have done so freely and without inducement, coercion, or duress. I intend this waiver to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. I agree that, if any portion of this waiver is held to be invalid, the balance of the waiver hall continue in full force and effect. Please note that by completing the entry form and accepting these terms and conditions you are concluding a legally binding agreement with us to participate in the Cannonball Road Trip on these terms and conditions. I understand that while the Organizer will endeavour to keep my personal information secure, it does not accept any responsibility should loss or theft of this information occur. I consent to my personal details being passed on to other third parties that the Organizer thinks appropriate.